Coconut Curry Soup (click this link)
![]() |
| Photo courtesy of Mels Kitchen Cafe |
BEHOLD, The most fabulous food blog ever: Mels Kitchen Cafe. Look! There's a button on the right. Because of Mel's blog, I now have an arsenal of fabulous recipes that my family loves. Check it out.
I made this for the first time last night and my husband told me he felt like he had just eaten at a fancy restaurant. Huh?! Have you been inside my house? Despite the smattering of spackle along the walls and a musty smelling (donated) couch; this recipe took my husband to a place he was not. Just for curiosities sake - you should try it.
This next dish I won't include a picture because it's not much to look. It's what inside that counts. I like to pair this with a fresh green salad with a vinegar & oil dressing.
Tuna Rice Casserole
Serves 6
1T butter
1 onion
2 tsp curry powder (If you're new to curry, I would use a bit less and work your way up.)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 1/3 C water
1 C uncooked white rice
2 6oz cans tuna, drained
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
1 C grated cheddar cheese
Heat oven to 375 degrees. heat butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and curry powder; cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion softens, about 5 minutes. Scrape the curried onions into a 9x13 inch baking dish; stir in the soup, water, rice, tuna and pepper. Cover with foil.
Bake until the rice is cooked and the casserole has begun to turn golden brown, about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven; raise the temperature to 450 degrees. Remove foil from casserole. Spread cheese over the top of the casserole; return to the oven. Cook until cheese begins to melt, about 5 minutes.



No comments:
Post a Comment